torek, 22. januar 2019

Vegan Cashew Caramel Clusters



Fun. I have a lot of nights when I blast music on my headphones and dance along. The perks of living alone.

Every time I'm doing it, I think to myself: ''This feels so great, I'm having so much fun. Gosh, I should do this more often. I should listen to music more often (because I don't do it regularly). I should go to concerts. I should go clubbing.'' 

These nights are such a healthy reminder that LIFE SHOULD BE FUN! Life should be spent laughing, dancing, singing, creating memories. I laugh a lot, but it's true, I miss music in my life. Having fun IS IMPORTANT! That's the sauce of life. Why are we living if not for having fun? Fun gives you the energy that you need to deal with irritating people. Don't underestimate the importance of having the most glorious fun.

I've dedicated the year 2019 to something that I won't reveal just now, but I'm adding another thing to it: FUN!!


Recipe from: Paleo Running Momma 

The Recipe

Ingredients

For the date caramel (this makes extra)
2 cups pitted dates (350 g)
3/4 cup very hot water (180 ml)
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp pure vanilla extract

For the caramel clusters
Date Caramel
1 cup raw cashews roughly chopped or peanuts (150 g) + pinch of salt
1 and 1/2 cups chocolate (265 g)
1/2 tsp coconut oil

Instructions

First, make the date caramel (you can even make this a day or more ahead of time, but you don't need to).

Assuming your dates are a bit dry, soak them in the hot water (almost boiling) for 1-2 hours or until they're super soft.

Put the dates plus any leftover water in a food processor and process on high for one minute at a time, scraping the sides of the bowl until your "caramel" is nice and thick and creamy.

Once creamy, add the vanilla and salt and pulse until fully combined and smooth.

To make the cashew caramel clusters:

Lightly toast your chopped cashews (or peanuts or any kind of nuts), put them in a skillet over medium heat, stirring, until lightly browned, and sprinkle with a bit of sea salt.(You can skip this step and use nuts in just the way they are).

Now, either in the microwave or in a small saucepan over very low heat, melt your chocolate  and coconut oil, stirring, until melted and creamy.

Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and spoon small scoops of the nuts about 2 inches apart - I made 20 total.

Top with a small scoop of the date caramel, gently sticking the loose nuts to the caramel.

Carefully spoon or pour the melted chocolate mixture over each cluster, using up all the chocolate, then chill the clusters on the baking sheet in the refrigerator until the chocolate hardens to form a shell.

Serve and enjoy! Store leftover candy in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to a week or longer. Leftover date caramel should be kept in the refrigerator in a lidded container for up to two weeks.

Share:

2 komentarja

Tell me something =)

© You CAN have your cake and eat it too. | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig