sobota, 2. februar 2019

Gluten-free pancakes



Saturdays...

Oh, they are so lovely. I started this day with 5-minute meditation about overthinking. 

After the usual morning routine, I loaded my washing machine with dirty clothes and pressed start. I made these gluten-free pancakes yesterday in the late evening so I had to photograph it today. 

What you see in these photos was my breakfast. So I photographed them after I loaded my washing machine and ate my breakfast when I finished. I don't drink coffee, but coffee is one gorgeous prop for food styling so I drank it today. Jessica Fletcher was my company during my breakfast. Oh, I love tv series 'Murder, she wrote' from the eighties! It's so cozy! 

And now I'm going to throw together flour, yeast, water, sugar, and salt and make homemade bread. It's such a grey day outside, perfect for baking, reading, writing and watching a cozy mystery. Oh, and I have to cross my daily 15 minutes off French lessons of my list. 

These pancakes were not sweet, so if you want them to be sweet use more coconut sugar or some other alternative. I think pancakes don't really need to be that sweet because the thing you put on them is normally so sweet that they are a good contrast to that. Bon appetite!



The Recipe

INGREDIENTS

1 cup white rice flour (150 g)
1 tablespoon coconut sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1¼ cup plain kefir or buttermilk (315 g)
2 tablespoons avocado oil (can substitute with melted butter or other oil)
½ teaspoon vanilla extract

INSTRUCTIONS

Mix the dry ingredients together. Make a well in the center and add the wet ingredients and mix until just until smooth.

Heat a griddle over medium-low heat. Wipe with butter or oil to prevent sticking. Drop about ¼ to ⅓ cup of better slowly onto griddle. (I use a large ice cream scoop.) Cook until golden brown, flipping once. About 6 pancakes.
Share:

Ni komentarjev

Objavite komentar

Tell me something =)

© You CAN have your cake and eat it too. | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig