sreda, 24. oktober 2018

spinach and artichoke galette



The type of people I don’t want in my life. 

I don’t want to be around people who make sexual innuendos. You know what men, we women don’t really care if you like our face, boobs or ass. We aren’t just a piece of meat. We aren’t here just to serve your sexual needs. We didn’t ask for your opinion on our looks. Your opinion on our looks doesn’t matter in the place of work. It’s inappropriate to comment on that and completely out of line and unprofessional. We want to look good for ourselves and our partner and your opinion is irrelevant.

I don’t want to be around people who shit on everything and criticize everything. Like okay negative Nancy, calm down now. Be supportive and kind, it feels great, trust me. Don’t hate, congratulate.

I don’t want to be around people that make me feel uncomfortable and uneasy. Why should I spend my time feeling lousy because of someone? Or feel on edge? This makes me feel anxious and I don’t like it so I won’t put myself in a position where I feel like this.

I don’t want to be around people who talk shit behind people’s back. If I see you talking bad about someone, I already know you’re probably doing the same behind my back. Because you clearly have no conscience. No one has time for this type of losers, certainly not me. What you say to someone’s face doesn’t really matter. What you say behind their back matters.

I don’t want to be around people who aren’t compassionate and don’t feel empathy. As an empath myself, I perceive this as a very important personal trait.

I don’t want to be around people who love money more than they love people. And would do anything for money, even hurt people. I don’t like materialism, I find it really disgusting.

I don’t want to be around people who are aggressive. In any kind of way. Someone can be aggressive in the way they communicate and that’s not my cup of tea. It’s triggering.

I don’t want to be around people who are passive aggressive towards me. Oh, that’s just the worst. Clearly, you have a problem with me and instead of clearing things out, you would rather be an annoying bag of awfulness.

I don’t want to be around racists, homophobes, religious extremists, obnoxious, selfish, narcissistic, ignorant, sexist, hateful and self-centered people.

All this sounds very negative but there’s a lot of wonderful type of people who I love being around.


Recipe from: Half baked harvest

The Recipe

INGREDIENTS

BLACK PEPPER CRUST

3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup cornmeal
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
10 tablespoons cold unsalted butter cut into 1/2 inch cubes, 1 stick + 2 Tbs
1 egg yolk
ice water
1 egg beaten

FILLING

1/4 cup olive oil
3 cloves large garlic minced
10 ounces fresh spinach or frozen thawed and drained
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 cups marinated artichoke hearts drained, about two 7 ounce jars
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 ounces fresh mozzarella sliced thin or grated, about 1 cup
2-4 ounces blue cheese broken into chunks
2 tablespoons pine nuts
1 egg beaten
2 tablespoons fresh basil for garnish

INSTRUCTIONS

In the bowl of a food processor combine the flour, cornmeal, whole wheat flour, salt and pepper. Pulse once or twice to combine. Add the diced butter and pulse until you end up with small pieces of butter, similar to the size of rice.

In a small bowl, whisk together the one egg yolk and 3 tablespoons ice cold water. Add it to the dough and pulse until the dough comes together. If needed add 1-2 tablespoons more ice water. Turn the dough onto a floured work surface, knead a couple of times and then form the dough into a flat disk. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.

Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil and the garlic. Cook for one to two minutes, until the garlic is fragrant (PLEASE - watch closely!! Don't burn the garlic.). Add the spinach and cook until just wilted. Remove and stir in the artichokes, basil, lemon juice, pepper and salt. Set aside.

Now grab your dough from the fridge. Flour your work surface and roll the dough to about 1/8-inch thick. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Leaving a 3-inch border around the edges, top the dough with the mozzarella cheese, then the spinach + artichokes mix, then scatter on the blue cheese crumbles and finish off with a sprinkle of pine nuts.

Fold the edge of the dough over the filling. Brush the crust with the beaten egg. Place the galette in the fridge for 15 minutes or until ready to bake.

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Bake the galette for 45-55 minutes or until the crust is golden. 

Allow to cool 5 minutes and then slice and serve with fresh basil and a drizzle of balsamic reduction if desired. The crust will be crumbly so cut small slices for easier serving.

Share:

Ni komentarjev

Objavite komentar

Tell me something =)

© You CAN have your cake and eat it too. | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig