sreda, 10. oktober 2018

Autumn Apple and Quinoa Salad



Tears... Anyone who really knows me can tell you, that I'm an emotional person. I cry a lot. It's been like this my entire life. I feel like my body runs on tears.

I'm happy and because of that I don't have a reason for crying, so I don't cry but I feel like my body still has to get rid of some tears, so when I watch something, like a YouTube video or a movie, something moves me and instantly starts my ''crying machinery''.

Is this weird? Can you relate to this?


Recipe from: Cooking classy

The Recipe

Ingredients

Salad
1/2 cup dry quinoa
6 cups lettuce of your choice
2 crisp sweet apples , cored and chopped
1 cup nuts of your choice , lightly toasted and roughly chopped
1/2 cup dried cranberries
4 oz goat cheese , crumbled
optional: pumpkin seeds

Dressing
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
2 Tbsp honey
1 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
Salt to taste

Instructions

Cook quinoa according to directions on package and cool completely. 

While quinoa is cooling, whisk together all of the dressing ingredients in a jar or bowl. 

Add lettuce to a salad bowl, whisk dressing once more then pour 3/4 of the dressing over lettuce and toss until lettuce is evenly coated. Cover bowl and chill 15 minutes.

Remove salad from refrigerator, add apples, quinoa, nuts and cranberries. Pour remaining dressing over salad then toss.

Add goat cheese and toss just lightly. Serve or store covered in refrigerator for up to 4 hours.

Recipe source: Cooking Classy

Share:

Ni komentarjev

Objavite komentar

Tell me something =)

© You CAN have your cake and eat it too. | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig