sobota, 22. september 2018

Cardamom chia pudding with plum sauce (vegan, gluten-free)



My 'Negativity cup' got full and that's the best thing that could ever happen to me. Once you get sick of something, there's no way of turning back and repeating that mistake.

I was so incredibly susceptive to bad things that happened to other people because I'm so empathetic to the point of ruining my own happiness and life. I often thought to myself: ''How can I be happy, if this particular person isn't?''. I feel like I tortured myself for three decades for no particular reason. Now that I'm wiser, more experienced and knowledgeable I know that it really was for no particular reason.

That type of personal self-sabotage is something that requires years and years of work, failures, mistakes, lost relationships and some hope. I mean, at least in my experience it does. By having ALL THIS under your belt, you one day really just get sick of it. And you're done.

No more allowing negative things or thoughts to penetrate my brain. No more thinking about worst case scenarios. No more defining my sense of worth from other people's opinions about me. No more worrying about the things I can't change. No more criticizing myself in a really negative way. No more focusing on bad things that happened to me or other people. No more, no more.

Instead, I'm searching for positive things, unstressful relationships, laughter, kindness, calmness, gentleness, brightness, warmth, patience, quietness, sweetness, peace, tolerance, serenity, rationality, contentment, and harmony.

Life is so much easier!




Recipe from: Curls 'n' chard

The Recipe

Ingredients (Serves: 1)

2 tbsp chia seeds
½ tsp cardamom
½ light coconut milk (or other non-dairy milk that you enjoy)
3 plums
maple syrup to taste
1 squeeze lemon

Instructions

The night before (or at least an hour before serving), mix chia seeds, cardamom, and milk. Stir very well every 5 minutes for the first 15 minutes, then let it gel up in the fridge.

Cut the plums in half, take the pit out and put them on the stove in a little pot.

Add a splash of water and let them start cooking.

With a fork, help them break down, add a squeeze of lemon to prevent discoloration and add maple syrup to taste.

Layer the plum sauce and chia pudding in a small glass and enjoy!
Share:

Ni komentarjev

Objavite komentar

Tell me something =)

© You CAN have your cake and eat it too. | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig