Lit candle with the scent of lavender, rain, Sunday, warm slippers, blanket wrapped around the waist and the only noise I hear is the streaming water in the radiator. Peace. Yes, the perfect time for new post. Well, I should post more frequently but I'm probably the only one reading this so far, so no one is upset, ha ha. I have prepared these bars a few weeks ago, too bad, because I wish I could now bite into one. You probably all know this bars with seeds, nuts and dried fruit. I love them! I wanted to bake them myself, so I wouldn't eat the ones from stores because I can't really know what's added in them. My Truffle says that this is bird food, well, I live for this bird food! It seems to me that this kind of snacks is bird food for most men and most women loves them. They are great for breakfast, lunch, snack, dessert and they can be done with many different ingredients. I'm sure I'll prepare them again and again with different ingredients, options are really endless. You can use any nuts, seeds and dried fruit. If you want them to be more sweet just add melted chocolate. The original recipe had butter in it. I didn't feel that is really needed so I replaced it with banana puree. Fruit purees are a great substitute for butter in most baked sweet dishes. Nuts and seeds are full of quality fats (essential fatty acids) that destroy bad fats, thus contributing to weight loss. They also contain a range of amino acids, which are necessary for complete digestion of protein, plus calcium, magnesium, potassium, zinc, iron, selenium, manganese, fiber, vitamins A, B, C, E and protein. However, do not overdo it with the volumes. It is also important that you soak them in water before eating to make them easier to digest. Ohh yeah, next time I'll do more of these bars so I can share them with my friends.
With love, Neja
- 70 banana puree
- 3 tbsp honey
- 7 tbsp agave syrup
- 180g porridge oats
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 50g desiccated coconut
- 70g flax seeds
- 5 tbsp sesame seeds
- 100g chopped cashews
- 70g cranberries
- Heat oven to 160°C.
- Place baking paper in a baking tin.
- Mix the banana puree, honey and agave syrup in a pan. Pour in the oats, cinnamon, coconut, seeds and nuts, cranberries, mix and pour into tin.
- Bake for 30-35 mins. Leave to cool for 5 mins, then cut into slices. Will keep for 1 week in an airtight container.
Z ljubeznijo, Neja
- 70g bananinega pireja (nadomestek masla)
- 3 žlice medu
- 7 žlic agavinega sirupa
- 180 g ovsene kaše (ovsene kosmiče skuhajte v mleku)
- 1 žlička mletega cimeta
- 50g kokosove moke
- 70g lanenih semen
- 5 žlic sezamovih semen (rahlo zdrobljena)
- 100g sesekljanih oreščkov (indijski/brazilski/lešniki..)
- 70g brusnic/rozin
- Pečico segrejte na 160°C.
- Na pekač položite peki papir/ namastite pekač s kokosovo mastjo.
- V ponvi/loncu segrejte in zmešajte bananin pire, med, agavin sirup, ovseno kašo, cimet, kokos, oreščke, brusnice/rozine in mešanico prenesite v pekač.
- Pecite 30-35 min. Pustite, da se ohladi in nato razrežite na rezine. Ploščice bodo užitne še 1 teden, če bodo shranjene v neprodušno zaprti posodi.